Best KPI Software Shortlist
I went through a wide selection of tools to come up with this shortlist of KPI software options that may be the right fit for your organization. Explore what each software has to offer below.
- Scoro - Best for helping agencies with end-to-end work management
- datapine - Best for interactive dashboards that empower every person in your organization
- InetSoft - Best cloud-based tool for interactive and automated reporting
- SimpleKPI - Best KPI-driven platform with solutions for all team sizes, departments, and industries
- Target Dashboard - Best for KPI and BI dashboards that connect to anything
- Databox - Best for creating and combining datawalls
- InfoCaptor - Best KPI software for WooCommerce reporting
- KPI Fire - Best all-in-one tool for KPI and performance management
- Dasheroo - Best for connecting your KPI software with customer support and Databox
- HandyKPI - Best KPI tool that focuses on team engagement
- Klipfolio - Best for integrated data visualization and analytics
- Geckoboard - Best for sharing data across your entire organization
If you’ve started looking into key performance indicator software, you’re likely aware that these are tools that allow you to keep track of company and employee performance in real time. Using the accumulated data, organization leaders can make better business decisions and learn more about what it actually takes to reach company goals.
Finding the right KPI dashboard for your business means exploring the benefits and use cases of each available tool to discover if they’re the right fit for you. To save you some time and energy, I’ve done most of the work for you — dismissing clunky, overly complex, and low-rated software options. To learn more about how I chose each tool, scroll to the bottom for all the details.
What Is KPI Software?
At the most basic level, KPI software provides you with a dashboard that unites the metrics from various data sources to deliver visual feedback about the status of your business at a glance. You can usually define the most important key performance indicators for your organization to see only what actually matters to you.
Overviews of the 10 Best KPI Software
If you’re ready for more specifics about each tool on my shortlist, you can dive into the details below. If you need a little more context for how KPI dashboard software can help your organization, move on down to the frequently asked questions to learn about measuring KPIs, creating dashboards, and the benefits of KPI software.
1. Scoro - Best for helping agencies with end-to-end work management
Instead of a single KPI solution, Scoro offers a comprehensive work management platform for agencies, consultancies, and professional service organizations. Their product includes tools for project management and collaboration, time management, team utilization, and customer relationship management, as well as KPI tracking on a real-time business dashboard.
Why I picked Scoro: I chose Scoro for its reporting and analytics solutions, which provide actionable insights based on performance monitoring, structured data, and dynamic displays. You can monitor risk areas and create high-level reports with just a click and identify opportunities and bottlenecks for better decisions.
Scoro Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include customizable dashboards that integrate summaries of work reports, financial reports, pipeline reports, and utilization reports; multi-account reporting features; interactive data sets viewable as charts, graphs, or spreadsheets; and dynamic report sharing based on permissions.
Integrations include Asana, Basecamp, DropBox, Evernote, GitHub, Harvest, Jira, Salesforce, Stripe, and Zapier. Scoro offers over 1,000 integrations.
Pricing One-Liner: From $28/user/month with a five-user minimum
Free Trial One-Liner: 14-day free trial
- Comprehensive work management app
- Great customer support team
- Intuitive learning and navigation
- Clunky search functionality
- Slight learning curve
2. datapine - Best for interactive dashboards that empower every person in your organization
This KPI analytics platform offers a powerful data-driven solution for companies who want to explore, analyze, visualize, and share company information from one central place. Their drag-and-drop interface ensures non-technical users are empowered to build dynamic business reports and gain valuable insights from complex data.
Why I picked datapine: I put datapine on this list because of their BI software, which covers six areas, including Analyze for visualizing data through 15 chart types, Connect for integrating common data sources, Reports for automated business analytics, Alarms for intelligent data alerts, Insights to understand business data, and Dashboards to build interactive business dashboards.
datapine Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include embedded analytics for commercial software and public websites; custom dashboard templates by industry and function; different alert styles, like neural network and pattern recognition alerts; and SaaS BI tools accessible from mobile devices.
Integrations include DropBox Business, Google Analytics 360, Instagram, Meta for Business, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Excel, OneDrive, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Twitter, and Zendesk Suite.
Pricing One-Liner: From $249/month
Free Trial One-Liner: 14-day free trial + free demo available
- Versatile reporting formats
- Powerful forecasting and predictive analytics
- Run and visualize advanced SQL queries
- SQL tool is for technical users
- Limited statistical possibilities
3. InetSoft - Best cloud-based tool for interactive and automated reporting
This cloud-based server application is a great tool for interactive and web-based reporting, as it can quickly generate reports on-demand and automate report generation to include iterative mashup and visualization for offline and online distribution. InetSoft is available on-premise and in-cloud.
Why I picked InetSoft: I chose InetSoft specifically for its machine and human intelligence mashup capabilities. The mashup engine enables you to profile data sets and verify data manipulations in one web app. You can also build visualization dashboards based on professionally built models.
InetSoft Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include Style Intelligence for reports and dashboards through machine learning intelligence and mashups, Style Scope for boundaryless self-service analytics and business performance visualization, and Style Report for live document reports online and offline.
Integrations include Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Hadoop/HIVE, Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle, PeopleSoft, PostgreSQL, Salesforce, and SQL Server.
Pricing One-Liner: From $165/month (billed annually)
Free Trial One-Liner: Free plan available
- Friendly user interface
- Multiple chart types and filters
- Industry-based report formatting
- No predictive or profit analysis
- Limited self-service functionality
4. SimpleKPI - Best KPI-driven platform with solutions for all team sizes, departments, and industries
Unlike some of the other software options on this list, SimpleKPI is a focused data analysis solution that provides KPI creation, management, and monitoring. With dashboards, reports, and data analytics in one place, you can more easily track your company’s performance and realign strategic goals.
Why I picked SimpleKPI: I chose this software because one of its features targets analyzing underlying trends that may provide the root cause of swings and changes. You’ll get fast and detailed query results, drill-down features for data at all levels, data views from a wealth perspective, and report sharing through PDFs and Excel.
SimpleKPI Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include dynamic KPI dashboard tools to provide detailed overviews of simple charts, various dashboard styles that range from sales and SaaS to marketing and manufacturing, access to a KPI library and templates to build your ideal reports, and collaboration tools to communicate with colleagues.
Integrations include API, spreadsheets, and connectors to share data with SimpleKPI. Zapier allows you to connect with over 5,000 apps, including 123FormBuilder, Clio, Cognito Forms, Facebook Lead Ads, Google Sheets, HubSpot, Knack, Microsoft Excel, and Outfield.
Pricing One-Liner: From $99/month
Free Trial One-Liner: 14-day free trial
- Easy to implement
- Quick to learn
- Focus on aesthetics
- Limited branding capabilities
- Single-use tool
5. Target Dashboard - Best for KPI and BI dashboards that connect to anything
Target Dashboard is a data visualization KPI software that’s designed to enhance the manager and team dynamic by connecting and mixing all company information in one place. The online dashboards are accessible and combine targets and actuals to automatically highlight areas of opportunity and concern for informed decisions.
Why I picked Target Dashboard: I chose this software platform because they prioritize connecting with any data source to get your information into their system. Whether it’s an SQL database, CRM, or financial system, you can sync your data into Target Dashboard directly or through a third party.
Target Dashboard Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include a cloud reporting application that delivers visualized data to dashboards and reports, Business Intelligence that automatically tracks trends and offers multi-level drill-downs, and automated summary emails and notifications directly to your inbox.
Integrations include DropBox, Google Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, OrderWise, Sage, and SAP. Connect to any third party through the DataGrabber app.
Pricing One-Liner: From $159/month
Free Trial One-Liner: Free demo available
- Great customer service
- Easy to learn
- Cloud and online options
- No mobile app
- No free trial
6. Databox - Best for creating and combining datawalls
As a cloud-based analytics tool, Databox focuses on helping you create custom analytics while incorporating data from multiple sources to be viewed on any device. With one-click data integrations from a massive range of services and databases, you can build KPI dashboards by dragging in the appropriate data visualizations and metrics options.
Why I picked Databox: I chose Databox because of its unique permissions system. You can block or share datawalls by restricting permissions and IP addresses as needed or provide live previews that allow users to see the data in real time without affecting the data sets.
Databox Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include building custom dashboards without coding or designing, automated company performance scorecards, custom metrics for granular performance insights, dashboards that are optimized for any device, including mobile, TV, and desktop.
Integrations include Ahrefs, Google Ads, HubSpot CRM, HubSpot Marketing, Instagram Business, Mixpanel, Shopify, Twitter, YouTube, and Xero. Databox offers over 100 one-click integrations.
Pricing One-Liner: From $47/month
Free Trial One-Liner: Free plan available
- Easy to set up
- Amazing customer support
- Most features are intuitive to use
- Limited text editing
- Added cost for each data source
7. InfoCaptor - Best KPI software for WooCommerce reporting
InfoCaptor is a dashboard and KPI reporting software with three unique products, including the dashboard designer for desktop, an on-premise dashboard server service, and a WooCommerce focused reporting dashboard to track sales KPI, customer satisfaction, order metrics, tax reports, and product metrics.
Why I picked InfoCaptor: I chose InfoCaptor because of its focus on WooCommerce, which offers several different report types, including sales overview, sales by country, sales heat maps, and product sale trends, without any required setup.
InfoCaptor Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include BI dashboard with access to various data sources, SQL dashboard that allows you to interact with your data, on-premise and cloud dashboard reporting options, WooCommerce reporting and BI plug-in.
Integrations include MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL server, SQLite3, and other JDBC and ODBC-compliant systems.
Pricing One-Liner: From $6.50/month
Free Trial One-Liner: Free demo available
- Extensive onboarding and training
- Limitless dashboard visualization options
- Gamification elements in dashboards
- Each tool is priced separately
- No budgeting or forecasting features
8. KPI Fire - Best all-in-one tool for KPI and performance management
As a comprehensive strategy, planning, and execution software, KPI Fire focuses on overall project management with KPI dashboards, goal setting and tracking, idea collaboration, and task management. Designed to help companies better align their teams, KPI Fire provides the tools you need to fulfill short-term and long-term objectives.
Why I picked KPI Fire: I put KPI Fire on this list because it’s such a comprehensive tool. With their KPI tracking, you can create dashboards for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews that show your progress for more accountability, recognition, and team alignment.
KPI Fire Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include KPI management with multiple data input options, collaboration and communication tools, idea funnels to capture more ideas for improvement, a workflow library to streamline your operations, and a visual management system for better project monitoring.
Integrations include API Keys for integration with nearly any application.
Pricing One-Liner: Customized pricing available upon request
Free Trial One-Liner: Free demo available
- Very easy to use
- Intuitive navigation
- No technical experience necessary
- Limited charts for metrics dashboards
- Can take up to four months to implement for large companies
9. Dasheroo - Best for connecting your KPI software with customer support and Databox
Dasheroo is a dashboard-building, performance-tracking tool that has merged with a customer interaction platform called FreshLime and partnered with Databox for more accessible, intuitive KPI tracking and business management.
Why I picked Dasheroo: I chose to put Dasheroo on this list because the platform collaborates with two other powerhouses to deliver the results you want. With access to unique analytics features through Databox, a full suite of dashboard tools through Dasheroo, and convenient customer contact through FreshLime, you now control a multi-faceted sales tool.
Dasheroo Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include team collaboration tools for real-time chat and commenting, metric alerts with notifications for selected metric changes, insight mashups for correlation and causation insights, and dashboard sharing through PDF and PNG.
Integrations include ActiveCampaign, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, Eventbrite, HubSpot CRM, LinkedIn for Business, Mailchimp, Meta for Business, SurveyMonkey, and Twitter.
Pricing One-Liner: From $19/month
Free Trial One-Liner: 30-day free trial
- Three tools in one
- Easy and fun to use
- Reasonable pricing
- Limited analytics
- May over-simplify tracking
10. HandyKPI - Best KPI tool that focuses on team engagement
This mobile-focused KPI tracking tool is designed to deliver data and insights to your team that are simple to review and understand. You can collect data from Excel or Sheets, your POS system, or even manually to get personal, team, and business KPIs. You can track performance, monitor reporting, and re-engage with your team using HandyKPI.
Why I picked HandyKPI: I wanted HandyKPI on this list because it’s one of the simpler KPI tracking tools to learn and use. It’s also one of the only mobile-focused options that’s actually designed to send to your team, whether they’re in a warehouse or at a brick and mortar store.
HandyKPI Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include building and controlling dashboards from a mobile app, collecting and delivering KPIs to your team in minutes, celebrating and recognizing achievements for better employee engagement, and access to daily, monthly, or yearly dynamics on one screen.
Integrations include Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and API integration code.
Pricing One-Liner: From $5/user/month
Free Trial One-Liner: Free plans available
- Simple KPI tracking
- Mobile-friendly approach
- Low-cost pricing
- No BI or analytics
- Limited forecasting tools
11. Klipfolio - Best for integrated data visualization and analytics
Klipfolio is first and foremost an analytics and BI platform designed to help drive business decisions. It allows you to connect with any of your data sources and centralize them in one place to visualize, experiment, and distribute the data as needed. You can build visualizations into your custom dashboards and reports with formulas and functions.
Why I picked Klipfolio: One of the coolest features from Klipfolio is their Create-a-Metric tool, which functions as a metric library for custom, instant, or calculated metrics. Each of the three paths to metric creation have their own benefits to deliver tailored data, faster results, or flexibility to combine metrics.
Klipfolio Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include Create-a-Metric to track the most important data, metric and data warehouse capabilities to create a comprehensive repository, dashboards and reports with auto-refreshing functionality, and accessibility and security measures for better data integrity.
Integrations include Facebook, Google, HubSpot, Intercom, Jira, LinkedIn, QuickBooks, Slack, Shopify, and Twitter. You can upload data through pre-built connectors, REST API, spreadsheets, SQL database, or JSON files.
Pricing One-Liner: From $125/month
Free Trial One-Liner: Free plan available
- Easy setup
- Lots of features for low pricing
- Great customer support
- Sync rates are linked to pricing
- Limited data ingestion
12. Geckoboard - Best for sharing data across your entire organization
This KPI software tool is designed to be a simple, hassle-free solution for building and sharing business dashboards full of real-time data. Their code-free design station allows anyone to build professional-looking dashboards and share them across the company to realign company values and engage employees by reminding them of goals.
Why I picked Geckoboard: One of the things I really like about Geckoboard is how easy it is to share a dashboard or report once it’s complete. They offer both a Send to Slack and Send to TV feature so managers have maximum sharing power that can be managed remotely.
Geckoboard Standout Features and Integrations
Standout features include dashboard examples and templates by department, sharing through TV and slack for remote updates throughout the entire team, ticketing system reports to help the customer support team identify pain points, and ecommerce dashboards for live monitoring in one place.
Integrations include GitHub, Google Analytics, Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Microsoft Excel, PayPal, Salesforce, Shopify, Slack, and Trello.
Pricing One-Liner: From $49/month
Free Trial One-Liner: 14-day free trial available
- Very easy dashboard building
- Quick setup and launch
- Intuitive to design dashboards
- Limited metric customization
- Limited analytics and BI
I know there’s a pretty big list of options above, but I couldn’t finish this list without a few honorable mentions. Check out the runners-up for a few other business intelligence tools that help track and monitor KPIs.
- Tableau - Best for personalized analytics from AI-driven predictions
- Smartsheet - Best for offering flexible solutions to organizations who plan to scale
- iDashboards - Best for transforming simple metrics into an actionable dashboard
- Grow - Best for no-code, full-stack Business Intelligence solutions
- Sisense - Best for embedding analytics into any workflow or application
- Datapad - Best software for tracking key performance indicators as a team
- TrueOI - Best KPI option for businesses with multiple franchises or unit chains
- Ubiq - Best web-based reporting tool for use with MySQL and PostgreSQL
Selection Criteria For KPI Software
Here’s a short summary of the main selection and evaluation criteria I used to develop my list of the best KPI software for this article:
I definitely focused on tools that were easy to learn and use, but I also looked deeper into their core functionality to ensure they delivered all the features you need for a comprehensive look into your organization. Some of the core functionality essentials that stood out to me include:
- Readable data visualization
- Customizable templates for various teams
- Team collaboration tools
- Tracking for different types of KPI
- Supportive onboarding and training
To deliver the functionalities I’ve listed above, the KPI software needed to have some key features to make my list, including:
- Interactive reports and segmented dashboards: You want to quickly understand what you’re looking at when exploring your KPIs. You should be able to pull custom, interactive reports that provide a simplified overview with more details available at the click of a button.
- Pre-built template options: You don’t want to have to build each report from scratch. The software I was looking for offered templates based on team, like marketing, sales, and operations. The available templates were also easily editable so you could add and remove your preferred metrics. Drag-and-drop dashboard building was also a big plus.
- Personalized dashboards: You shouldn’t be the only one tracking team KPIs — you want each team member to take ownership of their own tasks and goals for better alignment with organizational benchmarks. I made sure the KPI software options had personalized dashboards for every member of your team.
- Communication tools: Whether it’s through a native messaging tools or integration with your current app (like Slack or Teams), you should be able to share KPI updates and findings with your team quickly and easily.
- Dedicate customer success manager: Anyone introducing a new digital tool to their workflow could use some guidance and support no matter how intuitive the tool is to learn. I looked for software that was rated highly for its customer support and offered plenty of self-training tools as well.
- Types of KPI: There are four types of KPIs, including quantitative, qualitative, lagging, and leading. Each serves a different purpose and can affect your decision-making. You want software that can explore multiple KPI types to measure stats and percentages, as well as customer opinions and experiences.
I’ve already talked a little bit about user-friendly tools with intuitive navigation, as well as onboarding support and training tools through blogs and tutorials. But I actually prioritized usability to ensure every tool on this list had either a low barrier for entry or comprehensive support to ensure fast integration into your workflow.
In this digital world, it’s no surprise that you have a pretty comprehensive tech stack to help you manage your organization. When looking at KPI software, I wanted to include those options that could easily integrate with your current analytics and reporting tools for real-time data syncing and more granular information sharing.
Since functionality and features among KPI tracking tools vary widely, so does the price point. So for this list, I included a variety of options that offered a solution for every budget. I also looked for those companies that had transparent pricing that helped build more trust.
You can expect these tools to range from $2,000 to $15,000 for an annual subscription or one-time licensing fee.
How do you measure KPIs?
How do you create a KPI report?
What are the benefits of KPI software?
Other Revenue Operations Software
KPI software may not be the only digital tool you need to round out your tech stack. Check out a few of our other recommended revops tools below:
- Sales Acceleration Software
- Lead Retrieval Software
- Proposal Management Software
- Nonprofit CRM Software
- EPM Software
- iPaaS Software
KPI software could be the final piece of your tech stack to track organization success, learn about your weak spots, and predict your actions for the future. Hopefully, this list provided you with some options that meet your needs. But, if you’re looking for additional insights from the experts, sign up for our newsletter for weekly articles to guide your business decisions.