12 Best Lead Generation Software Shortlist
Here's my pick of the 12 best software from the 22 tools reviewed.
- OptinMonster - Best for on-site lead generation campaigns
- HubSpot Marketing Hub - Best free lead generation software
- Dealfront - Best for tracking and converting B2B leads
- Leadpages - Best for small businesses
- AeroLeads - Best for building a tailored email lists
- Overloop - Best for cold email campaigns
- Intercom - Best live chat for capturing leads
- Jotform - Best for custom lead capture forms
- Callingly - Best for inbound sales calls
- LeadsBridge - Best for CRM-integrated ad campaign lead management
- Voila Norbert - Best for targeting cold leads
- LeadBoxer - Best all-in-one lead management solution
With so many different lead generation software available, figuring out which is right for you is tough. You know you want to ensure a steady flow of qualified leads into your sales pipeline but need to figure out which tool is best. I've got you! In this post I'll help make your choice easy, sharing my personal experiences using dozens of different lead generation tools with various teams and prospects, with my picks of the best lead generation software.
What is Lead Generation Software?
Lead generation software is a tool that automates the process of attracting and capturing potential customers for a business. It gathers leads from various sources like websites, social media, and email campaigns, and then assesses, scores, and manages these leads to prepare them for the sales process. This software incorporates features like automated lead capture, lead scoring, and integration with marketing and CRM platforms.
The benefits of using lead generation software include streamlined acquisition and management of leads, leading to a more organized and efficient sales funnel. It enhances the quality of leads by identifying and nurturing those more likely to convert into customers. This results in improved marketing ROI and supports business growth by efficiently handling a larger volume of prospects. The software also provides insights for better targeting and personalization of marketing efforts, ultimately aiding in aligning sales and marketing strategies for better business outcomes.
Overview of the 12 Best Lead Generation Software
Here are the top 12 lead generation tools to help you identify top-quality leads, capture them, and move them through the lead nurturing process.
1. OptinMonster - Best for onsite lead generation campaigns
OptinMonster is a powerful lead generation tool that offers an intuitive interface and a wide library of templates to easily build sophisticated lead capture mechanisms on your website.
Why I picked OptinMonster:
I chose OptinMonster because it’s one of the most reputable and affordable lead generation platforms. It has over 95 lead capture templates for onsite lead campaigns, such as pop-ups, forms, and notification bars. This makes it easy for businesses to create engaging and visually-appealing campaigns without needing design skills. Plus, the powerful A/B testing feature helps you test and optimize campaigns without complex commands.
On top of that, OptinMonster offers advanced targeting and segmentation options alongside personalized marketing messaging, to prioritize leads and accelerate conversions.
OptinMonster Standout Features and Integrations
Features include over 95 customizable responsive templates, a drag-and-drop campaign builder, and A/B testing. There are also customizable campaign automations, onsite retargeting, advanced targeting and segmentation, and actionable insights and reporting. My favorite feature is OptinMonster’s impressive proprietary Exit-Intent technology, which displays a targeted message when a user is about to leave your page.
Integrations include ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, ConvertKit, Hubspot, Jilt, Keap, MailChimp, and Salesforce Pardot.
Price: This tool costs $16 a month for each user.
Free Trial: There’s no free trial, but there is a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop builder and a wide range of customizable, mobile-friendly campaign templates
- Advanced targeting and segmentation options
- Powerful A/B testing to help optimize campaigns and streamline marketing efforts
- Onsite retargeting and Exit-Intent® Technology to reduce bounce rates and boost conversions
- Some of the useful growth-related features, such as onsite retargeting and follow-up campaigns, are only available on the most expensive plan
- There’s no free trial
2. HubSpot Marketing Hub - Best free lead generation tool
Hubspot is a powerful and comprehensive free marketing and lead generation software that integrates with its CRM for end-to-end lead capture, nurture, and conversion.
Why I picked HubSpot Marketing Hub: I picked HubSpot Marketing Hub because there’s a free version of the platform that delivers great value at no cost. It has a robust suite of no-code tools for lead generation, including forms, ads, and customizable landing pages, and it also offers a free CRM to easily manage and track these leads.
Hubspot Standout Features and Integrations
Features include a landing page builder, customizable lead capture templates, and personalized email marketing. There are also A/B testing features and, my personal favorite, a comprehensive marketing analytics dashboard to access campaign success. Marketing automation and an easy-to-integrate free CRM help you to manage the whole customer lifecycle in one tool.
Integrations include Drupal, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Jotform, Magento, Shopify, Weebly, WordPress, and Zapier.
Price: While there are paid plans for enterprise users, the free version is pretty comprehensive.
Free Trial: There’s no need for a free trial since the tool is free.
- It’s a comprehensive all-in-one solution for lead generation, marketing, and customer relationship management.
- The intuitive interface and analytics dashboard are easy for beginners to use
- There’s a comprehensive set of customizable lead capture tools, landing pages, and email marketing tools
- The free version has limited functionality, so it’s not suitable for enterprise-level lead generation
- It’s expensive for bigger businesses that need higher lead volumes
3. Dealfront - Best for tracking and converting B2B leads
Dealfront is a B2B go-to-market platform that helps you generate high-quality prospects, identify buyer intent, and track website visitors.
Why I picked Dealfront: Dealfront is my top pick for businesses that want to track and convert B2B leads. The customizable lead scoring functionality makes it easy to qualify leads and prioritize promising prospects, while the real-time tracking feature allows you to catch and segment high-value leads as they browse. Providing you with data on browsers’ companies, industries, locations, and behavior, Dealfront also helps you to design future lead generation campaigns based on real-time insights.
Dealfront Standout Features and Integrations
Features include real-time visitor tracking, lead qualification and filtering, data enrichment, and customizable lead scoring. My favorite feature is Dealfront’s customization. It has account-based marketing targeting, custom feeds and filters, customizable email templates, and CRM integrations, which make it easy to manage customer lifecycles and nurture leads.
Integrations include ActiveCampaign, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, HubSpot, Pipedrive, Salesforce, Slack, MailChimp, and Zoho.
Price: There are three pricing plans, billed annually: Basic costs $220, Pro costs $1,100, and Premium costs $3,300.
Free Trial: All packages come with a 14-day free trial.
- It’s specifically designed for B2B businesses
- AI-powered algorithms find valuable insights into prospect behavior and intent
- Data enrichment functionalities help to flesh out company profiles
- Can’t track visitors who browse anonymously
- It’s more expensive than many other lead generation tools
Leadpages is an effective and affordable way for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to collect leads.
Why I picked Leadpages: I chose this tool because it offers a lot of features for an affordable price, making it accessible to smaller businesses without compromising functionality.
The interface is very user-friendly with a good range of customizable templates to help you build professional-looking pages even if you don’t have extensive technical knowledge or design resources.
The advanced targeting and segmentation also enable you to personalize messaging and improve conversions at no extra cost.
Features include customizable mobile-friendly page templates, which I found particularly useful, a drag-and-drop builder for lead magnets, and built-in payment processing. You also get access to A/B testing, advanced segmentation, lead notification, and analytics to monitor progress and test campaigns.
Integrations include Autopilot, Campaign Monitor, Drupal, Google Analytics, Hotjar, HubSpot, Intercom, Pardot, and SurveyMonkey.
Price: There are two monthly packages: Standard costs $37, while Pro costs $74.
Free Trial: All packages come with a 14-day free trial.
- Very easy to use with a wide range of customizable templates and designs
- Advanced optimization tools such as A/B testing, personalized messaging, and segmentation
- Affordable pricing for small businesses
- Limited customization options beyond the pre-built templates
- A/B testing only available on higher price plan
- Mobile app is only for iOS users
5. AeroLeads - Best for tailored email lists
AeroLeads is a very affordable lead generation software that helps you find and verify prospects’ contact details.
Why I picked AeroLeads: I picked AeroLeads because they have an impressive database of 650 million records. You can find personal emails, business emails, and phone numbers of prospects and build a tailored email list of contacts. The software’s Email Verifier feature ensures every lead you contact is valid, improving the quality of your email campaigns.
AeroLeads directly integrates with major CRM tools such as SalesForce and HubSpot, so you can start tracking and managing your leads as soon as you find them.
Features include an email finder, an email verifier, and a LinkedIn email finder. More impressively, they have a database with 650+ million contacts, a Google Chrome plugin, and automated prospecting.
Integrations include FreshSales, Hubspot, MailChimp, Pipedrive, Salesforce, and Zoho.
Price: There’s a limited free plan and three paid-for plans, starting at $49 a month.
Free Trial: There is a free trial with every package.
- Integrates with major CRMs
- 650+ million contacts database
- Customizable plans — pay for what you want
- LinkedIn plugin can sometimes lag
- Only finds business emails and phone numbers
6. Overloop - Best for cold email campaigns
Overloop (formerly Prospect.io) is a multi-channel outbound platform that helps businesses of all sizes close more deals with cold email campaigns.
Why I picked Overloop: Overloop is my top choice for businesses creating cold email campaigns, since it's a powerful lead generation software with an enormous database of high-quality B2B leads. Not only is it easy to identify, verify, and target the most promising prospects, it's straightforward to personalize cold email campaigns. There’s also a wide range of automation features to streamline follow-up processes to save time on outreach efforts.
Features include a huge database for lead generation, along with an email finder tool. The contact verification, lead enrichment, and list cleaning features help to ensure prospect data is correct, while email campaign management and automated follow-up sequencing streamline outreach efforts. There’s also in-depth analytics and API integration.
Integrations include Calendly, Gmail, HubSpot, Microsoft Outlook/Office 365, Pipedrive, Salesforce, Slack, Zapier, and Zoho.
Price: Monthly subscriptions start from $99 a month. Enterprise clients can speak to the sales team for custom packages.
Free Trial: Enjoy a 14-day free trial
- Easy to use and navigate
- Integrates with popular tools
- Robust reporting and insights capabilities
- Not enough email personalization options
- No native CRM integration
7. Intercom - Best live chat for capturing leads
Intercom is an automated chat software that helps you generate more qualified leads from your website.
Why I picked Intercom: Intercom is my top pick for lead capture chat tools. What sets Intercom apart is its ability to offer personalized communication via live chat, while the chatbot will automate lead capture, qualify leads, and provide valuable insights on these prospects. Plus, you can integrate Intercom with messaging apps as well as your website for omnichannel lead capture across a variety of platforms. This means customers can find you on a platform that suits them, while you’re able to find out where to source your best leads.
Features include both live chat and chatbot tools to offer personalized interaction and automated lead capture. Intercom’s best feature is its advanced targeting and automatic lead routing, which can help with segmentation. App integration, split testing, and detailed analytics enable omnichannel lead generation and campaign improvement.
Integrations include Calendly, Campaign Monitor, Clearbit Reveal, Google Analytics, Hubspot, Pipedrive, Salesforce, Stripe, Typeform, and Zapier.
Price: All packages are customized based on the number of seats and the volume of people reached.
Free Trial: All packages have a 14-day free trial.
- 300+ apps and integrations
- Salesforce integration helps you capture, nurture and convert leads
- Clean and functional interface
- Pricing is steep for smaller businesses
- Customer support can be slow at times
8. Jotform - Best for custom lead capture forms
Jotform makes it easy to create and publish no-code custom website forms that collect leads.
Why I picked Jotform: Jotform is the ideal choice for both solopreneurs and teams that need a simple way to collect customer information. With over 10,000 customizable templates, it has the largest selection of free lead capture forms, as well as an easy-to-use drag-and-drop form builder. Forms include conditional logic and payment integration for seamless pipeline management, while Jotform Teams facilitates collaborative form building without the need for technical expertise.
Features include customizable, mobile-responsive lead capture forms and an intuitive drag-and-drop form builder. Advanced form features, data encryption, and electronic signatures enable multi-functional form usage. My favorite Jotform function is its collaborative features, which paired with analytics, make it easy for teams to work on improving generation campaigns together.
Integrations include Asana, Active Campaign, Callingly, HubSpot, Insightly, Keap, MailChimp, Salesforce, Zapier, and Zoho CRM.
Price: There are four standardized packages, with a free option for small businesses. Paid packages start at $34 a month.
Free Trial: There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee, and nonprofits and educational institutions get a 50% discount.
- Each pricing structure gives you access to all features
- Easy to set up and use
- Conditional logic
- Finding the right template can be time-consuming
- Advanced plans can be pricey
9. Callingly - Best for inbound sales calls
Callingly is a sales accelerator that quickly connects your sales team to new inbound leads.
Why I picked Callingly: I chose Callingly because it’s a sophisticated sales call software that collects prospect information from lead magnets, such as forms and landing pages, and triggers a sales call within seconds. It has intelligent routing capabilities, which assign leads to the most appropriate salesperson based on factors such as their schedule or area of expertise, increasing the chances of conversion.
Features include real-time lead capture and distribution using advanced lead routing (geographic, round-robin etc). There’s call tracking, lead source tracking, and analytics to help monitor and prioritize promising prospects, while customizable caller ID, voicemail messages, and scheduling help to personalize the experience.
Integrations include Aircall, ClickFunnels, Drip, HubSpot, Jotform, OptinMonster, Pipedrive, Salesforce, Unbounce, and Zapier.
Price: There are two monthly packages: Business costs $49 and Agency costs $249 a month. It costs $25 a month for each additional user.
Free Trial: Both packages come with a 14-day free trial.
- Intelligent routing sends leads to the right agent
- Call recording and data sync directly to your CRM
- Quick lead response times
- No lead segmentation
- No email or SMS integration
- Customizations are limited
10. LeadsBridge - Best for CRM-integrated ad campaign lead management
LeadsBridge connects your lead generation advertising campaigns with your CRM to synchronize lead data automatically.
Why I picked LeadsBridge: LeadsBridge is a great choice because it can help streamline the lead generation process by automatically sending lead data from major ad platforms, such as Facebook or LinkedIn, directly to your CRM. By synchronizing lead data automatically, LeadsBridge simplifies and speeds up the sales pipeline, eliminating potential data errors associated with manually exporting lead information. LeadsBridge also offers its own lead capture mechanisms, such as lead forms, landing pages, segmentation, and data mapping.
Features include seamless multi-channel lead capture and real-time lead synchronization with your CRM. It also offers customizable lead forms and landing packages, along with advanced targeting and segmentation. There’s automated lead scoring and prioritization. I was also impressed with its comprehensive performance analytics.
Integrations include AeroLeads, Facebook Lead Ads, HubSpot, Instagram Lead Ads, LinkedIn Lead Ads, OptinMonster, TikTok Lead Generation, Salesforce, and Zoho CRM.
Price: While there’s a free plan, it’s limited. Paid plans are based on the number of leads and bridges, starting at $22 a month.
Free Trial: There’s a 14-day free trial on all plans.
- In-house custom integrations
- Real-time data sync
- Customize lead generation campaigns
- Business plan pricing is steep
- Initial setup can be challenging
11. Voila Norbert - Best for targeting cold leads
Voila Norbert finds and verifies email addresses to help you connect with more leads.
Why I picked Voila Norbert: Voila Norbert is the perfect solution for businesses looking to target cold leads. Its advanced email verification makes sure all contact details are correct and active, while its accurate data enrichment features and advanced filtering mechanisms enable you to customize searches to specify the types of leads you want to prioritize. Voila Norbert also integrates with most popular CRMs, helping you to track and manage leads for scalable lead generation.
Features include email verification, accurate lead data, and data enrichment to help you target cold leads in a professional manner. My favorite features are its advanced search and filtering functionalities, along with lead scoring and prioritization, which helps you tailor searches to find appropriate leads.
Integrations include Chrome Extension, Constant Contact, Drip, HubSpot, Jotform, MailChimp, Mailshake, Pipedrive, Salesforce, and Zapier.
Price: Prices start from $49/month for 1,000 leads, while the email verification and data enrichment features follow a pay-as-you-go model ($0.03 and $0.04 per email address, respectively).
Free Trial: You get up to 50 free credits on signup.
- Fresh and easy-to-navigate UI
- Provides valid email addresses
- Pay-as-you-go pricing for data enrichment and verification functionalities
- Finding a prospect’s email address can take a few minutes
- You have to pay for enrichment or verification features separately, which will raise the monthly price
12. LeadBoxer - Best all-in-one lead management solution
LeadBoxer helps you find, qualify, and manage B2B and B2C prospects that visit your website.
Why I picked LeadBoxer: LeadBoxer is my standout choice for an all-in-one lead management tool. Not only does it help businesses generate more leads, but it also offers data enrichment, advanced lead tracking, and lead scoring to give you a more comprehensive view of how your leads behave. Its lead capture mechanisms, predictive analytics, behavioral tracking features, and lead nurturing capabilities help you prioritize promising leads and convert them into customers.
Features include a variety of lead capture options, including web forms, social media tools, and third-party integrations. Its automatic contact enrichment, lead scoring, and lead qualification features to verify and improve this data, along behavioral tracking and predictive analytics to identify promising prospects. There are also lead nurturing features, such as targeted emails and personalized messaging to move leads through the sales funnel.
Integrations include Active Demand, Drip, Gmail, HubSpot, MailChimp, Marketo, Pipedrive, WordPress, and Zapier.
Price: There’s a free package at two paid plans, starting at $195 a month.
Free Trial: There’s no free trial, but the free plan serves as a free trial.
- Detailed reporting and analytics
- Easy integration
- Real-time alerts when high-potential leads visit your website
- Can be expensive for smaller businesses
- Its wide range of features can be overwhelming for new users
Other Lead Generation Software Options
Here are a few honorable mentions that didn’t make the best lead generation software list, but are worth checking out:
- LinkeLead - Best browser extension for finding prospects on LinkedIn
- SeeProd - Best landing page builder for WordPress
- LeadFuze - Best for scaling your lead generation efforts
- WPForms - Best WordPress lead capture form builder
- Drift - Best for starting a conversation on your website with potential leads
- Constant Contact - Best digital marketing suite for capturing leads
- ProProfs Survey Maker - Best for creating engaging surveys that generate leads
- CallPage - Best click-to-call software for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs)
- Discover.ly - Best browser extension for generating social media leads
- ReferralCandy - Best for getting leads from customer referrals
How I Selected the Best Lead Generation Software
To build this list, I evaluated and compared a wide range of lead generation software with a strong reputation and positive user reviews.
After narrowing down my choices, I chose the final tools using the following selection criteria.
Here’s a summary of the main selection and evaluation criteria I used to develop my list of the best lead generation software for this article:
Here are the basic functions that I expected software to provide to make it into the top 12:
- Email and social media marketing tools
- Automation and other streamlining processes
- Landing page and web form customization
Here are the key features I look for in lead scoring software:
- Automation: Sales lead automation is an important feature for lead generation software because automating repetitive tasks helps you save time, taking away the manual labor and helping you generate more leads on autopilot.
- Lead discovery: This feature helps your sales and marketing teams identify interested individuals and lays the foundation for lead generation.
- Lead source tracking: A good lead generation tool should easily track the sources of leads. It’s important to identify which campaigns are working and where your leads are coming from.
- Lead management: This feature helps you manage leads by tracking interactions such as phone calls and emails in real time.
- Lead scoring: The best lead generation tools can distinguish which leads are qualified and which ones are casual leads. This feature helps you prioritize leads that are more likely to buy.
- CRM integration: Your lead generation software should easily integrate with your CRM to keep your leads up to date and streamline your lead generation efforts.
I picked tools that were just feature-rich, but also easy-to-navigate and user-friendly.
Intuitive tools make it easy to train your teams. With your teams onboard quickly, you can start taking advantage of the automatic features that improve the quality and speed of lead generation in your business.
I chose software that offers a good price-to-value ratio and a range of plans. Some start at just $16/month and are accessible to SMBs or startups with smaller budgets, while others have higher-tier plans and comprehensive features united to enterprise businesses.
To streamline sales and marketing, I've chosen lead generation software that integrates with tools that provide seamless workflows for your sales and marketing teams, such as marketing automation tools, CRMs, advanced analytics, etc.
The software you use should provide metrics and key data that help you improve your lead generation efforts. This includes insights into which lead generation campaigns work best, so you can prioritize those strategies. The tools I've chosen provide intuitive data interfaces to help you understand where to focus campaign efforts.
What are the benefits of using lead generation software?
What are the different types of lead generation software?
Other Lead Management Tools
Lead generation software isn’t the only tool that can be helpful to you. Here are some other reviews of lead software:
- Lead Scoring Software
- Lead Routing Software
- Lead Capture Software
- Sales Leads Software
- Lead Mining Software
- Lead Retrieval Software
- Lead Intelligence Software
Did you find what you were looking for?
Lead generation software simplifies the many tasks associated with finding and cultivating potential customers for your business. Each tool on this list is packed with valuable features, from finding prospects through LinkedIn integrations to managing leads through the lifecycle.
Looking for more tools to streamline your lead generation efforts? Subscribe to The RevOps Team newsletter for the latest articles and insights from industry experts.