12 Best CPQ Software Shortlist
Here's my pick of the 12 best software from the 23 tools reviewed.
- Salesforce CPQ - Best for custom pricing
- Quoter - Best quote development tool
- Infor CPQ - Best for addressing issues
- DealHub.io - Best for real-time insights
- PandaDoc - Best for document management
- Paperless Parts - Best for advanced analytics
- Proposify - Best for brand management
- Configure One - Best for large or complicated product catalogs
- Subskribe - Best for innovative deal structures
- Conga CPQ - Best for applying AI to quote generation
- Qwilr - Best for interactive quotes
- Epicor CPQ - Best for visual configurations
With so many different Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) software available, figuring out which is right for you is tough. You know you want to efficiently configure products and services, determine accurate pricing, and generate quotes for customers but need to figure out which tool is best. I've got you! In this post I'll help make your choice easy, sharing my personal experiences using dozens of different CPQ tools with various teams and clients, with my picks of the best CPQ software.
Why Trust Our CPQ Software Reviews?
We’ve been testing and reviewing CPQ software since 2022. As revenue operation leaders ourselves, we know how critical and difficult it is to make the right decision when selecting software.
We invest in deep research to help our audience make better software purchasing decisions. We’ve tested more than 2,000 tools for different RevOps use cases and written over 1,000 comprehensive software reviews. Learn how we stay transparent & our CPQ software review methodology.
How To Choose CPQ Software
With so many different CPQ software solutions available, it can be challenging to make decisions on what tool is going to be the best fit for your needs.
As you're shortlisting, trialing, and selecting CPQ software, consider the following:
- What problem are you trying to solve - Start by identifying the CPQ software feature gap you're trying to fill to clarify the features and functionality the tool needs to provide.
- Who will need to use it - To evaluate cost and requirements, consider who'll be using the software and how many licenses you'll need. You'll need to evaluate if it'll just be the revenue operation leaders or the whole organization that will require access. When that's clear, it's worth considering if you're prioritizing ease of use for all or speed for your CPQ software power users.
- What other tools it needs to work with - Clarify what tools you're replacing, what tools are staying, and the tools you'll need to integrate with, such as accounting, CRM, or HR software. You'll need to decide if the tools will need to integrate together or if you can replace multiple tools with one consolidated CPQ software.
- What outcomes are important - Consider the result that the software needs to deliver to be considered a success. Consider what capability you want to gain or what you want to improve, and how you will be measuring success. For example, an outcome could be the ability to get greater visibility into performance. You could compare <Focus Term> features until you’re blue in the face but if you aren’t thinking about the outcomes you want to drive, you could be wasting a lot of valuable time.
- How it would work within your organization - Consider the software selection alongside your workflows and delivery methodology. Evaluate what's working well and the areas that are causing issues that need to be addressed. Remember every business is different — don’t assume that because a tool is popular that it'll work in your organization.
Best CPQ Software Reviews
Here’s a brief description of each CPQ software that showcases each tool’s best use case, outstanding features, and some pros and cons. I’ve also included screenshots to give you a snapshot of their user interface.
1. Salesforce CPQ - Best for custom pricing
Salesforce CPQ helps businesses provide quotes, control pricing, and win more deals.
Why I picked Salesforce CPQ: The platform will help your business close more deals faster than ever to keep your revenue flowing effectively. Salesforce CPQ provides a deal configuration module that allows you to quickly create in-depth product specifications and custom pricing compositions. The tool’s risk and compliance management module will ensure all your sales quotes and deals are compliant with business policies.
Salesforce CPQ helps any sized business that is already using Salesforce Revenue Cloud or new subscribers that need a solution that will simplify numerous sales processes. The software can configure items and prices and generate quotes immediately. The guided selling feature helps your sales reps find appropriate products for each customer and make accurate quotes. Salesforce CPQ also provides search engine-like functionality that can help your reps make custom product suggestions.
Salesforce CPQ Standout Features and Integrations
Features include product catalogs, price books, advanced approvals, order management, usage-based pricing; automated payments, renewals, and allocations; quote line editor and contract amendments, proposal document generation, and multi-element revenue recognition.
Integrations include OnScreen, OmniConnect, Zapier, Wufoo, Adobe Sign, RELAYTO, Salesforce Service Cloud, Inspire Planner, 3D Source Product Configurator, Tavant Warranty, Momentum, Secuvy AI, and Flosum.
Salesforce CPQ costs from $75/user/month, billed annually. Salesforce CPQ provides a free 30-day trial for new subscribers.
- Supports multiple quote rates.
- Professional templates.
- Simple proposal generation.
- No self-service portal.
- No product modeling.
2. Quoter - Best quote development tool
Quoter is a platform that will help businesses save time and enhance revenues with quote development tools.
Why I picked Quoter: The tool is a quote development system that saves time, decreases errors, and promotes faster payments. Quoter is a cloud-based platform that can pull data from documents and spreadsheets into one location. The system’s quote templates allow you to configure them once and maintain a single source of truth to allow teams to create consistent quotes.
Quoter is suitable for any sized business that needs a solution to simplify the sales quote and proposal process. The software provides tools to help eliminate bottlenecks in your sales lifecycle and get paid faster. Quoter also allows you to send automated email reminders to customers about pending quotes. You can also get delivery analytics and open timestamps on the quotes you send.
Quoter Standout Features and Integrations
Features include product bundling, a product configurator, smart templates, e-signatures and agreements, product cloud, product cross-sell and upsell, payment processing, custom sales proposals, discounts, manager approvals, reporting and analytics, and email tracking.
Integrations include Salesforce, HubSpot, Agile, Highrise, Nutshell CRM, OnePage, Pipedrive, Zoho CRM, FreshBooks, Quickbooks, Mailchimp, Zapier, and Ingram Micro.
Quoter costs from $129/month when paying monthly or $99/month when billed annually. Quoter provides a free demo to help you understand whether the platform is right for you.
- It increases efficiency.
- Simplifies quote options.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- Integrations require some troubleshooting.
- No autosave when creating quotes.
3. Infor CPQ - Best for addressing issues
Infor CPQ helps businesses address issues that are slowing down sales cycles.
Why I picked Infor CPQ: You can use Infor CPQ to address issues that can slow down your sales processes and sales reps’ performance. It does this by unifying all information and providing a single source of truth that is accessible to everyone. Your sales reps will enjoy Infor CPQ because of its accuracy, which will motivate and drive them to remove inefficiencies and improve performance.
Infor CPQ works well for large manufacturing enterprises needing a solution to help create, edit, and analyze their supply chain operations. The system is a rule-based and visual configurator that integrates with high-level CRMs. So, your sales reps can focus on contacting clients and pitching your products instead of searching through manuals and brochures to determine a price quote.
Infor CPQ Standout Features and Integrations
Features include visual configuration, innovative quoting and ordering, collaboration tools, approval workflows, manufacturing information generation, custom pricing options, a recommendation engine, automated quoting, catalog management, and client portals.
Integrations include Smartflow, SnapAP, OnScreen, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP, SolidWorks, Universal Background Screening, Algonomy, Codeless Platforms Alering Software, and Uptempo.
Infor CPQ offers custom pricing upon request. Infor CPQ offers a free demo to help you understand whether the platform is right for you.
- Flexible and user-friendly.
- It can handle multiple workflows.
- Simple user interface.
- It can be slow.
- No guided selling.
4. DealHub.io - Best for real-time insights
DealHub.io helps businesses simplify quote generation by providing real-time insights.
Why I picked DealHub.io: The platform will examine activities, prospects, and interests to help your sales reps offer precise and specialized quotes for your products. To start generating quotes, you only need to enter your products’ information and establish business rules into the system. Afterward, DealHub.io will handle everything and generate error-free quotes in multiple formats.
DealHub.io is an excellent choice for businesses that need a solution to connect every stage of their sales lifecycle. It can help enhance the quoting process by ensuring all quotes follow your business’s policies and requirements to create quotes that align with your workflows, rules, and specifications. DealHub can also help your sales reps develop and carry out personalized sales journeys for every customer across each interaction stage.
DealHub.io Standout Features and Integrations
Features include subscription management, document generation, e-signatures, sales proposals, buyer engagement, approval workflow, product configuration, guided selling, contract lifecycle management, workflow management, completion tracking, and version control.
Integrations include Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Freshworks, HubSpot, SugarCRM, DocuSign, and Gong.
DealHub.io offers custom pricing upon request. DealHub.io provides a free demo to help you understand whether the platform is right for you.
- It creates dynamic workflows.
- Excellent customer support.
- Simplifies sales quote creation.
- The navigation takes time to learn.
- The amount of customization can be overwhelming.
5. PandaDoc - Best for document management
PandaDoc is a document management platform that helps businesses create, send, and sign digital documents.
Why I picked PandaDoc: The software is an online system for managing documents that allows you to create and share documents. PandaDoc provides its Smart Content tool that automatically creates custom documents based on your customers’ use cases, industry, and size. The platform’s signature tool will collect the signatures you need by making the signing process straightforward for your customers. You can implement a signing order and assign who will receive the document based on approval requirements.
PandaDoc helps small, medium, and large-sized businesses increase productivity when it comes to creating documents such as quotes and proposals. You can use the software to encourage customers to say yes by allowing them to select from multiple options, change quantities, and talk to your team directly. Also, PandaDoc can apply discounts to your price if your customer increases the quantity of an item, which will save your reps time from searching through spreadsheets or making calculations by hand.
PandaDoc Standout Features and Integrations
Features include advanced quotes, smart content, a document repository, workspaces, signing orders, signature requests, version history, user management, document tracking, product catalogs, and audit trails.
Integrations include HubSpot, Salesforce, Pipedrive, Zoho, Copper, monday.com, Slack, Google Workspace, Microsoft Teams, Salesmate, Zapier, Integromat, Zendesk Sell, Insightly, and SugarCRM.
PandaDoc costs from $29/user/month when paying monthly or $19/user/month when billed annually. PandaDoc offers a free 14-day trial for new subscribers.
- Free forever plan.
- Full document creation capabilities.
- Simple online document signing.
- Uploading non-PDF files is complex.
- Limited customization options.
6. Paperless Parts - Best for advanced analytics
Paperless Parts provides advanced analytics to help sales teams analyze data, make informed decisions, and deliver accurate quotes.
Why I picked Paperless Parts: The software will help your business analyze multiple datasets to prioritize quotes and accurately price work. Paperless Parts provides advanced analytics to help you understand why your teams are winning or losing contracts, so you can make effective business decisions. The analytics can help you identify profitable jobs and show you how your organization performs over time so you can improve operations.
Paperless Parts is suitable for small and medium manufacturing organizations that want to increase revenue and profitability. The platform’s automated part file analysis will collect information such as setup count, manufacturability warning, process-specific feature detection, and volume removal to help you create accurate quotes. Paperless Parts also uses a more straightforward and automated estimating process to help your sales reps manage risks more effectively when making a quote.
Paperless Parts Standout Features and Integrations
Features include job costing, quotes and estimates, order management, billing and invoicing, shipping management, purchase order management, collaboration and workflow tools, 3D modeling, multi-component nesting, and file sharing and storage.
Integrations include E2 Shop System, JobBOSS, JobBOSS2, Epicor, MIE Trak Pro, Infor VISUAL, Infor SyteLine, and Made2Manage.
Paperless Parts offers custom pricing upon request. Paperless Parts provides a free demo to help you understand whether the platform is right for you.
- Calculates estimated machine run times from 3D models.
- Reduces quote turnaround times.
- Identifies overlooked part features while quoting.
- Working on large quotes is complex.
- The platform isn’t flexible.
7. Proposify - Best for brand management
Proposify helps businesses protect their brand assets from inconsistencies when sales reps create new quotes.
Why I picked Proposify: You can use Proposify’s framework to develop effective proposals from its library of pre-approved templates, content, fees, and images. Before sending quotes to customers, you can use the platform to organize product descriptions, sections, case studies, and graphics into folders and add filters to help everyone find what they need when they need it. You can use the mass update tool to make changes across templates to save your teams from manual edits and ensure everything remains consistent.
Proposify works well for small and medium businesses that need a simple way to create and deliver winning proposals. The software provides insights to help you scale sales processes, make effective engagements, and accurately forecast revenues. Proposify can provide a straightforward sign-off experience for customers and prospects thanks to its e-signature capabilities.
Proposify Standout Features and Integrations
Features include a content library, design editor, roles and permissions, pipeline insights, notifications, e-signature, client previews, interactive pricing, automatic formatting, a content repository, document management, and proposal templates.
Integrations include Salesforce, HubSpot, Stripe, Copper, AgileCRM, ActiveCampaign, Zapier, Trello, Zendesk Sell, Zoho, Slack, SharpSpring, Salesflare, Olark, Mailchimp, monday.com, Microsoft Teams, and Intercom.
Proposify costs from $49/user/month and is billed quarterly or annually. Proposify offers a free 14-day trial for new subscribers.
- It sends data instantly after sending proposals.
- Creates compelling proposals quickly.
- Wide range of customizable templates.
- It’s not user-friendly for new subscribers.
- The editor can be clunky.
8. Configure One - Best for large or complicated product catalogs
Configure One is a CPQ software that helps sales reps create quotes for large or complicated product catalogs.
Why I picked Configure One: The software’s rules and logic capabilities will help you through the configuration process for even the most extensive and most complicated product catalogs. If your products consist of a significant number of components, Configure One can provide strict control to ensure product options are compatible. So, you and your customers will know that everyone’s quote will have the most accurate price.
Configure One is suitable for any sized organization that manufactures high-tech products. The tool can provide increased revenues to your organization by enhancing efficiency and improving customer loyalty. Also, Configure One’s product modeling capabilities allow your customers to get a live visualization of the options they pick when ordering from your company.
Configure One Standout Features and Integrations
Features include automated quoting and cataloging, client portals, pricing and discount management, multi-currency support, sales forecasting, proposal generation, BOM product configurator, CAD automation, 2D and 3D modeling, guided selling, and approval workflows.
Integrations include Salesforce, NetSuite, Global Shop Solutions, Oracle CRM On Demand, SYSPRO ERP, SAP Business One, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, GUMU, and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Configure One offers custom pricing upon request. Configure One provides a free demo to help you understand whether the platform is right for you.
- AutoCAD output capabilities.
- Easy to use.
- Flexible to match users’ needs.
- Customer support needs improvement.
- Steep learning curve.
9. Subskribe - Best for innovative deal structures
Subskribe helps SaaS businesses create quotes for simple to innovative deal structures.
Why I picked Subskribe: You can use the Subskribe platform if your business regularly creates quotes for innovative deal structures quickly. No matter how innovative your quote needs are, the software can speed up deal closes by simplifying approvals with workflows, previews, and notifications. Subskribe also allows your sales reps to make simple modifications to any quote with upsells, cross-sells, and plan renewals.
Subskribe focuses on helping SaaS organizations in any market that need an all-in-one sales solution. It allows your teams to be completely transparent with deal flows that you or managers can execute instantly. Using Subskribe means your sales reps don’t have to rely on complicated workarounds to create custom quotes for every customer so they can get the deal they want.
Subskribe Standout Features and Integrations
Features include multi-year quotes, complex quote creation, versatile discounting, deal metrics, customizable terms, approval flows, deal progress tracking, email notifications, multiple pricing combinations, and reseller tools.
Integrations include Salesforce, DocuSign, and Avalara.
Subskriber offers custom pricing upon request. Subskriber provides a free demo to help you understand whether the platform is right for you.
- Handles all quoting.
- Easy to learn.
- Regular feature updates and additions.
- Not many integrations are available.
- No guided selling.
10. Conga CPQ - Best for applying AI to quote generation
Conga CPQ helps businesses use AI to help sales reps produce accurate, personalized quotes.
Why I picked Conga CPQ: By eliminating manual sales quote processes with artificial intelligence, Conga CPQ will help your sales reps to create large and complex quotes fast. Conga CPQ provides an AI it calls Max, and it guides your reps as if it’s a real personal assistant. The AI will guarantee that every aspect of your quotes is covered properly.
Conga CPQ is ideal for organizations that need a CPQ platform that will refine current strategies and ensure they can meet their customers’ requirements. The software’s deal projection tool will help your organization predict how likely your reps are to close a deal. To do this, Conga CPQ will score quotes and suggest ways to make them more appealing.
Conga CPQ Standout Features and Integrations
Features include product search, solution selling, product comparison, asset-based ordering, configuration validation, product recommendations, dynamic questionnaires, product rules, pricing optimization, approvals, and renewal management.
Integrations include Salesforce, Conga Contracts, Workato, IBM API Connect, IBM Cloud Mass Data Migration, Conga Sign, Conga Order Management, and LivePreso.
Conga CPQ offers custom pricing upon request. Conga CPQ provides a free demo to help you understand whether the platform is right for you.
- Increases sales process speed.
- Robust configuration options.
- Excellent customer service.
- Not much documentation is available.
- The software often breaks.
11. Qwilr - Best for interactive quotes
Qwilr helps sales teams create custom, interactive quotes that will impress potential customers.
Why I picked Qwilr: Instead of sending endless attachments to customers, Qwilr allows you to shore quotes, pricing, and product demos with a website link. Your proposal can start as a blank page or one of the platform’s proposal templates. Qwilr’s proposal builder uses a series of blocks that you can drag and drop onto the page. Each block allows you to embed images, videos, pricing, texts, and other crucial proposal components, which are all flexible to match your customers’ screens. Each proposal within Qilr has a helpful analytics tool that will track how many views your page gets, the total viewing time per block, the number of clicks, and more vital details to help you understand your customers’ interests and priorities.
Qwilr works well for any sized business in any industry that wants to use a proposal creation tool that will keep everything consistently branded. The page editor allows you to consistently apply fonts, colors, and other collateral on every page. Qwilr also helps you close business deals faster by empowering customers to sign, pay, and upsell themselves through every interactive proposal.
Qwilr Standout Features and Integrations
Features include content creation, a no-code web editor, custom branding, a content library, notifications, buyer engagement tracking, identity authentication, automated content, dynamic personalization, centralized content, proposal templates, and workspaces.
Integrations include Zoho CRM, HubSpot, Slack, Stripe, Quickbooks, Pipedrive, Zapier, Google Analytics, Xero, Mixpanel, Hotjar, Wufoo, Olark, Retently, Pabbly Connect, and Salesforce.
Qwilr costs from $35/user/month, billed annually. Qwilr offers a free 14-day trial for new subscribers.
- Creates engaging, eye-catching proposals.
- Simple user interface.
- Provides useful metrics and insights.
- Tracks when colleagues open proposals.
- API access is limited to higher-tier plans.
12. Epicor CPQ - Best for visual configurations
Epicor CPQ makes it easy for businesses to implement 3D product visualization into the quoting configuration process.
Why I picked Epicor CPQ: The platform will help your sales reps provide a visual experience that can help guide potential customers throughout the sales cycle. When using Epicor CPQ, you can embed a robust product configuration tool on your website to allow customers to have excellent buying experiences. By providing a visual experience, you can simplify the buying process for your customers by allowing them to experience the product, change options, and instantly see pricing updates. Epicor CPQ will use your advanced product rules and logic to guide customers and help them configure the product to match their requirements.
Epicor CPQ is an ideal choice for medium businesses and large enterprises spanning all industries that need a product configuration and quoting tool that handles the entire sales lifecycle. The automation capabilities within Epicor CPQ will help you simplify rules, workflows, documents, and CAD drawings and ensure accuracy. Your customers can also buy directly from your website, instead of through a sales rep, by using the tool’s self-service portal.
Epicor CPQ Standout Features and Integrations
Features include 2D and 3D modeling, proposal generation, product configuration, guided selling, approval workflows, self-service portals, analysis and constraints, recommendation engine, automated quoting, catalog management, and contact management.
Integrations include Salesforce, Shopify, Magento, SOLIDWORKS, Salesforce CPQ, Inventor, and Creo.
Epicor CPQ offers custom pricing upon request. Epicor CPQ provides a free demo to help you understand whether the platform is right for you.
- Easy product configuration capabilities.
- Simple scheduling and workflow management.
- Able to collaborate across multiple stakeholders.
- The user interface isn’t customizable.
- No access to advanced training.
Other CPQ Software
Here are a few more options that didn’t make the best CPQ software list:
- HubSpot Sales Hub - Best for enhancing CPQ processes
- Zoho CRM - Best for task management
- Oracle CPQ - Best for eliminating sales cycle difficulties
- Expedite Commerce - Best for B2B ecommerce
- AutoQuotes - Best for food service equipment manufacturers
- InMindCloud - Best end-to-end CPQ platform
- CloudSense - Best for service businesses
- vloxq CPQ - Best for automating quote generation
- FastSpring Interactive Quotes - Best for communicating pricing and packages
- QuoteWerks - Best for integrating with business systems
- Pricefx - Best for precise quote pricing
Related CPQ Software Reviews
If you still haven't found what you're looking for here, check out these tools closely related to CPQ software that we've tested and evaluated.
- CRM Software
- Sales Software
- Lead Management Software
- Business Intelligence Software
- Contract Management Software
- Revenue Management System
Selection Criteria For CPQ Software
Selecting the ideal CPQ software is pivotal for businesses looking to streamline their sales processes, accurately configure products, and quickly generate quotes. This choice significantly affects an organization's ability to respond to customer inquiries swiftly, manage complex pricing structures, and drive revenue operations efficiently. My approach to evaluating CPQ tools is rooted in firsthand trials and in-depth research, focusing on how well each solution aligns with the essential functions and specific use cases businesses commonly face.
Core CPQ Software Functionality: - 25% of total weighting score
To be considered for inclusion on my list of the best CPQ software, the solution had to support the ability to fulfill common use cases:
- Efficiently handling complex product configurations
- Accurately calculating prices across diverse scenarios
- Generating customizable and branded quotes rapidly
- Integrating seamlessly with existing CRM and ERP systems
- Providing insights into sales performance and quote analytics
Additional Standout Features: - 25% of total weighting score
Innovative features set apart the best CPQ solutions in the market:
- AI-driven configuration recommendations to optimize product selection
- Dynamic pricing models that adjust to market changes in real-time
- Advanced customization options for creating highly tailored quotes
- Omnichannel quoting to serve customers across various platforms
- Robust contract lifecycle management post-quote approval
Exploring and testing these functionalities reveals which CPQ tools offer capabilities that surpass basic expectations, providing unique value to users.
Usability: - 10% of total weighting score
A user-friendly interface is crucial for widespread adoption:
- Intuitive design that simplifies the configuration and quoting process
- Easy navigation and logical flow of tasks
- Responsive design for mobile and tablet use
- Customizable UI to match user preferences and workflows
Onboarding: - 10% of total weighting score
Effective onboarding ensures teams can quickly leverage the CPQ tool:
- Comprehensive training resources and support materials
- Onboarding sessions that demonstrate core functionalities
- Accessible customer support during the initial adoption phase
- Community forums or user groups for peer-to-peer assistance
Customer Support: - 10% of total weighting score
Reliable customer support is foundational for resolving issues swiftly:
- Availability of support through multiple channels
- Knowledgeable and responsive support team
- Proactive updates and maintenance communication
- Detailed documentation and help resources
Value For Money: - 10% of total weighting score
Evaluating affordability and ROI is essential:
- Transparent pricing structures without hidden fees
- Flexible pricing plans that cater to business size and needs
- Demonstrable ROI through efficiency gains and sales acceleration
- Free trials or demos to assess software value firsthand
Customer Reviews: - 10% of total weighting score
User feedback provides insights into real-world application:
- Positive experiences with software usability and feature set
- Impact on sales cycle time and deal closure rates
- Responsiveness to feature requests and software updates
- Overall satisfaction and customer support quality
By applying these criteria, I guide software buyers toward CPQ solutions that not only streamline the quote-to-cash process but also align with strategic goals in revenue operations. The right CPQ software can transform sales efficiency, enhance accuracy, and support scalable growth, making it a crucial tool for businesses aiming to optimize their sales operations.
Trends In CPQ Software For 2024
CPQ software has evolved significantly, driven by the demands of dynamic revenue operations and the need for more streamlined, efficient sales processes. Recent product updates, press releases, and release logs from leading CPQ tools highlight a clear trajectory towards more intelligent, integrated, and user-friendly solutions. These developments underscore the growing importance of CPQ software in empowering sales teams, enhancing quote accuracy, and accelerating deal closure.
Intelligent Automation and AI Integration
- AI-driven Configuration Recommendations: Incorporation of artificial intelligence to suggest optimal product configurations, improving efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Evidence: CPQ solutions now analyze historical data and customer preferences to automatically propose the best-fit products and services.
- Dynamic Pricing Models: Advanced algorithms adjust prices in real-time based on market conditions, customer segments, and purchase history.
- Evidence: Tools offering dynamic pricing enable businesses to stay competitive and maximize margins by adapting to fluctuations in demand and supply.
Enhanced User Experience
- Intuitive User Interfaces: Simplified, drag-and-drop interfaces that reduce the complexity of configuring products and creating quotes.
- Evidence: CPQ software with revamped UI/UX designs, focusing on minimalism and ease of use, significantly reducing training time for new users.
- Mobile Optimization: Development of mobile-responsive CPQ applications, enabling sales teams to create and manage quotes on the go.
- Evidence: The release of mobile apps and responsive web designs that ensure full functionality across devices, empowering sales teams with flexibility and accessibility.
Integration and Customization
- Seamless CRM and ERP Integration: Enhanced integration capabilities with CRM and ERP systems for streamlined data flow and improved accuracy.
- Evidence: New API integrations and partnerships with leading CRM and ERP platforms, facilitating real-time data exchange and a unified view of customer information.
- Customizable Workflow Automation: Tools now offer more granular control over sales workflows, allowing businesses to tailor the CPQ process to their specific needs.
- Evidence: Features enabling businesses to define custom rules and logic for approvals, discounts, and escalations, aligning the CPQ process with internal policies.
Shifting Feature Priorities
- Decline in Manual Data Entry Features: As automation and data integration capabilities expand, the need for manual data entry and management within CPQ systems diminishes.
- Evidence: The enhanced focus on integrating external data sources directly into the CPQ process, reducing reliance on manual input.
The trends in CPQ software reflect a broader shift towards making sales processes more efficient, personalized, and aligned with customer expectations. As CPQ technology continues to evolve, revenue operation leaders must choose solutions that not only address current sales challenges but are also scalable and adaptable to future demands. The right CPQ software becomes an invaluable asset in optimizing revenue operations, driving sales efficiency, and achieving competitive advantage in an increasingly complex marketplace.
What is CPQ Software?
CPQ software is a tool that helps sales teams handle the complexities of selling customized products. It assists in configuring products based on customer requirements, automatically calculates prices considering various factors like customizations and quantities, and generates accurate sales quotes. This software is particularly beneficial in industries where products or services have multiple variables and configurations.
The benefits of CPQ software include increased efficiency and accuracy in the sales process. It streamlines the task of creating quotes for complex products, ensuring that they are error-free and consistent with business rules. This leads to faster response times to customer inquiries, improved customer satisfaction, and potential for higher sales. By optimizing pricing and discounting, CPQ software also contributes to better profit margins and provides valuable insights into sales trends and customer preferences.
Features Of CPQ Software
Choosing the right CPQ software is a strategic decision that can significantly influence a business's ability to close deals efficiently and accurately. CPQ software streamlines the sales process by automating the offer, pricing, and quoting stages, which are crucial for maintaining competitive edge and enhancing customer satisfaction. Here are the most important features to look for in CPQ software to ensure it effectively supports revenue operations:
- Product Configuration Rules: Enables complex product customization. This feature ensures that sales teams can configure products or services according to customer needs while adhering to business rules, reducing errors, and increasing efficiency.
- Price Calculation Engine: Automates pricing based on various factors. Accurate and dynamic pricing adjustments reflect real-time changes in costs, discounts, and customizations, crucial for maintaining margins and competitiveness.
- Quote Generation: Produces detailed, professional quotes quickly. Speeding up the quote creation process helps meet customer expectations for prompt service, improving the chances of winning business.
- Approval Workflows: Streamlines the review and approval process. Automated workflows ensure that quotes meet all business criteria before being sent out, reducing delays and enforcing compliance.
- CRM and ERP Integration: Syncs data across business systems. Integration with CRM and ERP systems ensures consistency in customer data and product information, vital for accurate quoting and inventory management.
- Document Generation: Creates contract documents from quotes. This feature allows for the seamless transition from quote to contract, expediting the sales cycle and reducing manual paperwork.
- Guided Selling: Assists sales reps in selecting the right products. By guiding users through the configuration process based on customer requirements, CPQ software helps identify the best solutions, increasing customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Discount and Margin Management: Controls discounting practices. Ensuring that discounts do not erode profit margins is critical for revenue management, making this feature essential for maintaining profitability.
- Subscription Management: Handles pricing for subscription-based products. As businesses increasingly offer subscription services, the ability to manage recurring billing and renewals directly within the CPQ tool is key for operational efficiency.
- Analytics and Reporting: Provides insights into sales performance. Analytics help identify trends, track sales team performance, and optimize the quoting process, supporting strategic decisions in revenue operations.
Selecting CPQ software with these features equips organizations to handle the complexities of modern sales environments, from product configuration to quote generation and approval. By automating and optimizing these processes, businesses can focus on strategic activities that drive growth and enhance customer relationships. The right CPQ solution becomes a cornerstone of effective revenue operations, enabling businesses to adapt quickly to market demands and customer needs.
Benefits Of CPQ Software
CPQ software is a game-changer for businesses seeking to enhance their sales processes and drive revenue growth. By automating the configuration, pricing, and quoting aspects of the sales cycle, CPQ software delivers significant advantages to users and organizations. This tool is not just about speeding up sales operations; it's about transforming them to be more efficient, accurate, and customer-focused. Here are five primary benefits of CPQ software that potential buyers in revenue operations management should consider:
- Accelerated Sales Cycle: Speeds up the entire process from configuration to quote. This benefit allows sales teams to respond to customer inquiries faster, reducing the time it takes to close deals and increasing the number of opportunities they can handle.
- Increased Accuracy in Quotes and Orders: Minimizes errors in pricing and product configuration. Accurate quotes ensure that businesses can maintain profit margins while meeting customer expectations, reducing the risk of costly errors.
- Enhanced Customer Satisfaction: Provides tailored solutions quickly. By enabling sales teams to create personalized quotes rapidly, CPQ software helps meet customer demands for prompt, customized service, enhancing the overall customer experience.
- Improved Efficiency and Productivity: Automates manual tasks in the quote-to-cash process. Sales teams spend less time on administrative tasks and more on engaging with customers and pursuing new opportunities, boosting overall productivity.
- Better Data Insights and Management: Offers valuable insights into sales trends and customer preferences. With advanced analytics, businesses can make informed decisions about product offerings, pricing strategies, and market trends, supporting strategic planning and revenue growth.
Costs & Pricing for CPQ Software
Navigating the landscape of CPQ software can be daunting for those new to the software buying process. CPQ solutions offer a range of functionalities designed to streamline the sales process by automating product configuration, pricing, and quote generation. These solutions vary widely in terms of features, scalability, and pricing. Understanding the different plan options available is crucial for selecting a CPQ solution that not only fits your immediate business needs but also has the capacity to grow with your organization. Below is an overview of typical plan options and pricing for CPQ software.
Plan Comparison Table For CPQ Software
|Common Features Included
|$15 - $30 per user/month
|- Basic CPQ functionalities
- Standard product configuration
- Basic pricing rules
- Manual quote generation
|$60 - $100 per user/month
|- Advanced configuration options
- Dynamic pricing capabilities
- Automated quote templates
- Basic CRM integration
|$100+ per user/month
|- Comprehensive CPQ features
- Complex product configurations
- AI-driven pricing and quoting
- Advanced integrations (CRM, ERP)
- Custom development and support
|- Limited CPQ features
- Basic product configuration
- Simple pricing models
When choosing a CPQ software plan, consider the complexity of your sales processes, the level of customization required, and the potential for business growth. It's important to select a plan that not only aligns with your budget but also provides the functionalities necessary to enhance your sales efficiency and accuracy. A well-chosen CPQ solution can significantly impact your organization's ability to quickly generate accurate quotes and close deals, driving revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
How does CPQ software work?
The configuring of custom quotes entails many crucial actions that aren’t visible to sales managers or customers. The process of configuring custom quotes involves configuring an order, calculating a price, and producing a quote. Your sales rep will gather a customer’s requirements to understand the product they need. Afterward, they will use CPQ software to configure a custom quote. Here are the details of these steps:
- Configure: CPQ software enables sales managers to configure multiple products to ensure a business can efficiently meet customers’ requests. An AI-powered tool will analyze products a sales manager configures and suggest additional items to upsell. The manager can specify all the product details, allowing the platform to check if the product is available and whether you can deliver it to the customer.
- Price: The CPQ software will calculate the final price during this stage. The tool can help sales managers analyze customers’ profiles in a database and offer personalized discounts. For example, it can identify whether a client qualifies to be a loyal customer or calculate discounts based on the number of past purchases. The software will also identify and apply current regulations, promotions, local taxes, personal discounts, and other vital aspects.
- Quote: The software will create and share a quote with the customer in the form of a custom payment link or an invoice. A sales manager can quickly update the quote if the customer doesn’t approve it instead of creating an entirely new quote. Advanced tools will provide reports to help businesses discover crucial metrics, such as churn rate, average discount, quote approval rate, sales volume, and other information that will optimize sales processes.
What are the types of CPQ software?
CPQ software is designed to help businesses automate the process of quoting complex and configurable products. The market offers various types of CPQ software, each catering to different business needs, sizes, and industries. Understanding the types of CPQ software can help organizations select the best solution for their specific requirements. Here are the main types of CPQ software:
- Cloud-Based CPQ: Hosted on the provider’s servers and accessed over the internet, this type offers scalability, ease of updates, and lower upfront costs. It’s ideal for businesses looking for flexibility and minimal IT infrastructure investment.
- On-Premises CPQ: Installed and run on the company’s own servers and infrastructure. This option gives businesses full control over their data and security but requires a larger upfront investment and ongoing maintenance.
- Industry-Specific CPQ: Tailored to the unique needs and challenges of specific industries, such as manufacturing, telecommunications, or healthcare. These solutions come with pre-built templates and rules that align with industry standards.
- B2B CPQ: Designed specifically for business-to-business sales processes, focusing on complex negotiations, volume discounts, and long-term contracts. B2B CPQ solutions often include advanced approval workflows and integration capabilities with other B2B sales tools.
- B2C CPQ: Aimed at businesses selling directly to consumers, these solutions tend to emphasize user experience, with intuitive interfaces and visualization tools that help customers configure products or services online.
- Enterprise CPQ: Built for large organizations with complex sales processes and a global presence. Enterprise CPQ solutions offer extensive customization, integration options, and global support to handle the demands of large-scale operations.
- Small Business CPQ: Designed for small to medium-sized businesses, these solutions are typically more affordable and easier to implement. They offer essential CPQ functionalities without the complexity of enterprise-level systems.
- AI-Powered CPQ: Utilizes artificial intelligence to enhance the quoting process, from recommending optimal product configurations to automating pricing adjustments based on real-time data. AI-powered CPQ can significantly improve efficiency and accuracy.
Each type of CPQ software has its advantages and is suited to different organizational needs. Selecting the right type involves considering factors such as business size, industry, sales process complexity, and specific functional requirements.
Why should I use CPQ software?
Using CPQ software offers several compelling advantages for businesses across various industries, especially those dealing with complex product offerings or customizable services. Here’s why incorporating CPQ software into your business operations can be a game-changer:
- Streamlined Sales Process: CPQ software automates the configuration of products and services, ensuring that sales representatives can quickly and accurately put together offers. This streamlining significantly reduces the time from customer inquiry to quote delivery, enhancing overall sales efficiency.
- Increased Accuracy: One of the primary benefits of CPQ software is its ability to minimize errors in the quoting process. By automating pricing and configuration rules, it ensures that quotes are accurate, consistent, and aligned with business policies, reducing the risk of costly mistakes.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: CPQ software enables sales teams to provide prompt and detailed proposals, improving the customer’s buying experience. With features like dynamic pricing and visualization tools, customers can easily understand and customize their purchases, leading to higher satisfaction and loyalty.
- Improved Revenue Management: By enabling more accurate and strategic pricing, CPQ software helps businesses optimize their revenue potential. It allows for real-time pricing adjustments based on various factors, such as volume discounts, promotional offers, and market demand, ensuring that pricing strategies are both competitive and profitable.
- Better Data Insights: CPQ software collects valuable data throughout the quote-to-cash process, offering insights into customer preferences, sales performance, and market trends. These insights can inform strategic decisions, helping businesses to identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Scalability: As businesses grow, the complexity of sales processes often increases. CPQ software is designed to scale, supporting an expanding product portfolio, entry into new markets, and growing sales teams without sacrificing efficiency or accuracy.
- Consistency and Compliance: CPQ helps ensure that all sales quotes and contracts are in compliance with company policies and industry regulations. This consistency protects the company legally and maintains the integrity of its brand and pricing strategy.
CPQ software is not just a tool for simplifying the quoting process; it’s a strategic asset that can improve sales efficiency, enhance customer satisfaction, and drive revenue growth. By automating critical aspects of the sales cycle, CPQ allows businesses to focus on building relationships and strategizing for growth, making it an indispensable part of modern sales operations.
Additional RevOps Software
RevOps can be complicated—just like other business functions. Using software can help you simplify your revenue operations and ensure you don’t experience performance issues. Here are some other RevOps tools you should consider for your organization:
CPQ software is one of the most essential upgrades for organizations. With the tools that I listed above, you’ll control every moving part of your sales channel. Also, your sales team will get more time to meet new customers and make more sales.
If you need more help with enhancing your revenue operations, I highly recommend you sign up for our newsletter. You’ll get the latest updates about the software you should use to increase revenue and learn the latest advice from top revenue professionals.