In this review, I’m going to share my analysis and evaluation from my hands-on experience with Unbounce. But first, if you’re just beginning your search for the best marketing automation tools, check out my picks for the best marketing automation software. You probably already know that Unbounce is among the most popular marketing automation tools out there, but you need to better understand what’s good (and not so good) about it.
This in-depth Unbounce review will walk you through the tool's pros and cons, features and functionality, and more to help guide you to better understand its capabilities and its suitability for your needs.
Unbounce Software Product Overview
Unbounce is one of the best landing page builders that enables marketers to design, publish, and test landing pages and variants. Targeting marketers and businesses looking to optimize conversions, it offers tools to swiftly create high-converting landing pages.
Users gain the advantage of quickly testing and iterating page designs without involving IT, addressing the often-felt pain of slow design changes. In addition, standout features include the drag-and-drop builder, mobile responsiveness, and built-in A/B testing capabilities.
- Drag-and-Drop Builder: This feature simplifies Unbounce landing page creation, therefore removing the need for coding knowledge.
- A/B Testing: Unbounce allows users to easily test different versions of a page to determine which performs best.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Ensuring that landing pages appear correctly on all devices is crucial, and Unbounce makes this effortless.
- Learning Curve: For absolute beginners, there might be an initial period of adjustment to understand all its tools.
- Template Limitations: While Unbounce offers a variety of templates, customization can sometimes feel restricted.
- Integration Constraints: Some users might find that not all third-party tools integrate seamlessly with Unbounce.
Having spent years reviewing software, I've observed how landing page tools evolve. Therefore, in judging Unbounce, I've found that its intuitive interface, robust functionality, and diverse integrations make it a strong competitor.
While its pricing is on par with similar tools, the onboarding process and support truly shine. However, when comparing it to other software, I feel that the template customization could be more flexible. In determining its fit, I'd suggest Unbounce is ideal for small businesses or mid-sized businesses and teams where marketers and designers collaborate closely.
Unbounce Software: The Bottom Line
What sets Unbounce apart from similar tools is its blend of user-friendliness with powerful testing capabilities. For instance, it gives users an edge by enabling rapid deployment and iteration of landing pages, something that's a game-changer in the fast-paced digital marketing world.
However, one can't overlook its mobile responsiveness, which ensures that landing pages adapt to any device. In other words, these features, combined with its emphasis on user experience, make it a noteworthy tool in the landing page software landscape.
Unbounce Deep Dive
Here's a deep dive into Unbounce's features, best use cases, pricing, customer support, and other purchase factors.
- Landing Page Builder - Yes
- A/B Testing - Yes
- CRM Integration - Yes
- Email Marketing - No
- Lead Scoring - No
- Multi-channel Campaigns - No
- Analytics and Reporting - Yes
- SEO Management - No
- Social Media Integration - No
- Webinar Integration - No
- Content Management System - No
- Affiliate Tracking - No
- Drag and Drop Interface - Yes
- Workflow Automation - No
- Pop-up and Sticky Bars - Yes
- Mobile Responsiveness - Yes
- User Roles and Permissions - Yes
- E-commerce Integration - No
- SMS Marketing - No
- Third-party App Integration - Yes
- Survey and Feedback Collection - No
- Ad Campaign Management - No
- Template Library - Yes
- Dynamic Keyword Insertion - Yes
- Custom Domain - Yes
Unbounce Feature Overview
- Landing Page Builder: Helps users craft conversion-optimized pages swiftly without coding.
- A/B Testing: Allows for testing of different landing page versions to enhance conversion rates.
- Analytics and Reporting: Offers insights into how landing pages perform.
- Drag and Drop Editor Interface: Facilitates an effortless design experience, even for non-designers.
- Pop-up and Sticky Bars: Enhance user engagement on the landing page.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Ensures landing pages look pristine on any device.
- User Roles and Permissions: Control who can edit or view marketing campaigns, crucial for marketing teams.
- Third-party App Integration: Seamless integration with tools marketers commonly use.
- Dynamic Keyword Insertion: Tailor content to match user search terms, boosting relevancy.
- Custom Domain: Brand your landing pages with your domain, reinforcing brand trust.
- Dynamic Keyword Insertion: Unlike many, Unbounce's feature dynamically adjusts content to resonate with user's search terms.
- User Roles and Permissions: Its granularity in access control is notably robust, beneficial for diverse teams.
- A/B Testing: Integrated directly within the platform, it’s efficient and detailed, certainly differing from other tools that require external integrations.
- Lauch Tier - $74/user/month (billed annually): This pricing plan offers a starting point with essential features, including up to 500 conversions, 20,000 visitors, and 1 domain.
- Optimize Tier - $109/user/month (billed annually): Premium provides more integrations, customer support, and increased landing pages, with up to 1,000 conversions, 30,000 visitors, and 5 domains.
- Accelerate Tier - $180/user/month: Tailored for larger teams, this plan offers exclusive features and support, including up to 2,500 conversions, 50,000 visitors, and 10 domains.
- Concierge Tier - $487/user/month: Designed for enterprise-level clients, this plan includes flexible domain limits, a dedicated success manager, and over 5,000 conversions and 100,000 visitors.
Ease of Use
Navigating Unbounce feels intuitive. Moreover, the platform's design centers user experience. However, certain features, like in-depth A/B testing analytics, can feel a tad intricate initially. But overall, the onboarding process is smooth, and the tool's layout is organized.
Unbounce's support is impressive. For instance, they're responsive via channels like live chat and email. There's also an array of documentation, webinars, and tutorials available. But occasionally, some users have noted longer wait times during peak hours.
Unbounce Use Case
Who would be a good fit for Unbounce?
Unbounce excels in environments where rapid landing page deployment is crucial. As a result, digital marketing agencies, mid-sized businesses, and e-commerce platforms with frequent campaigns find it invaluable. As a matter of fact, its dedicated features resonate with those focusing on conversion optimization.
Who would be a bad fit for Unbounce?
Larger enterprises with intricate digital ecosystems might find Unbounce limiting. Those requiring extensive integrations or advanced CRM functionalities might feel constrained.
Does Unbounce require coding knowledge?
No, its drag-and-drop builder is designed for users without coding expertise.
Is mobile responsiveness built-in?
Absolutely, pages adjust automatically to device screens.
Are landing page templates available?
Yes, a library of templates is at your disposal for building landing pages.
What is the primary function of Unbounce?
Unbounce is designed to help users create, publish, and test landing pages without requiring any coding knowledge.
Is it possible to A/B test landing pages with Unbounce?
Yes, Unbounce has built-in A/B testing capabilities to optimize conversion rates.
How does Unbounce integrate with other marketing tools?
Unbounce offers native integrations with various CRM, email marketing, and analytics tools. It also provides an API for custom integrations.
Can I use my domain name for the landing pages?
Yes, you can connect and brand your landing pages with your custom domain.
What kind of support does Unbounce offer to its users?
Unbounce provides various user-friendly support channels, therefore including live chat, email, documentation, webinars, and tutorials.
Alternatives to Unbounce
- Leadpages: Known for its lead-generation features, it might be more fitting for those focusing purely on lead capture.
- Instapage: With its AdMap feature, it's beneficial for those running extensive ad campaigns.
- ClickFunnels: If funnels are your primary concern, ClickFunnels centers on building effective sales funnels.
If you're still unsure which Streak alternative to choose, check out other marketing software alternatives.
Unbounce Company Overview & History
Unbounce, whose headquarters are in Vancouver, focuses on enhancing landing page conversions. Trusted by companies like Hootsuite and The New York Times, it stands as a private entity.
Co-founded by Rick Perreault, its mission revolves around empowering marketers. Since its inception in 2009, the company has continually evolved, introducing innovative features to optimize digital conversions.
In conclusion, Unbounce brings to the table a great set of tools tailored for creating and optimizing landing pages. Moreover, for marketers keen on boosting conversions without diving into code, it offers a formidable solution.
If you've used Unbounce, I'd love to hear about your experiences and insights.